The Arts curriculum at Weetangera School is focused on developing students' knowledge and skills in Dance, Drama, Media Arts, Music and Visual Arts. Across these subjects we aim to develop students:
- creativity, critical thinking, aesthetic knowledge and understanding about The Arts
- arts knowledge and skills to communicate ideas in meaningful and creative ways
- use of innovative arts practices, through the use of emerging technologies, to express and represent ideas
- understanding of Australia's histories and traditions through The Arts of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- understanding of local, regional and global cultures through engaging in the worlds of artists and artworks.